Wednesday 29 October 2014

What a good horse!!!

I started off the week extremely lucky! I could not be happier with my little Buddy! I decided to get my boyfriend, Shannon, to help me with my first ride. He is not experienced, but he likes horses and usually is ok with helping me. He did fantastic helping me! 

I leaned over Buddy for a minute and then got right on. He wasn't worried in the least. Shannon was able to lead him around and we got some cute pics. Since then i've ridden him twice by myself and today I got him to trot a bit in each direction! Also considering he is only 15h right now, he doesn't feel all that small. It was a concern I did have before. 

It is so amazing what you can achieve once the horse trusts you. He came from such an unknown place of training and handling that it was impossible to know how he would react. On top of the trailering debacle we had to contend with. 

I am very excited to continue his training and start competing next year! 




No comments:

Post a Comment