Tuesday 14 October 2014

Worst. Blogger. Ever....

Yep... Thats me! I don't think I have posted in a number of months. Summer was WAY too busy!

Some bad points, our dog got hit by a car. It was a very traumatic experience! The good, we went on a family vacation, I have got some really great rides this summer! Some off-track horses, love them! So willing and fun. Some warmblood types and some gaited horses. Its been fantastic.

Fast-forward to the end of summer. I decided to move my little rescue project back home to the family farm. I just was not getting the time to work with him at the fancier boarding stable... and well my bank book just doesn't work to pay for something not being used!

The move back- well thats a story in itself! The shipper I used to bring him home from the auction had told me he was fantastic to load and got right on.... riiiiigggght. Our loading experience was definately not fantastic. However, we made it! And the quest for properly trailer-training Buddy has officially begun!

We've also had some fun with free-jumping. I have some really poor shut-setting up skills... however he doesn't seem to mind! In fact, he seems to love jumping. Which is good, because at 15h he is quite small. I have told him to dream of Teddy O'Connor and Forrest Nymph. He certainly will need to channel his inner pony power :) The honestly of this little guy has been amazing! He has jumped whatever has been thrown in front of him, a bounce, flower boxes, barrels!

Check it out here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW8sXPEws6g

And in case anyone is interested in his pedigree:

http://www.equineline.com/Free-5X-Pedigree.cfm?page_state=ORDER_AND_CONFIRM&reference_number=9254664&registry=T&horse_name=Unnamed&dam_name=On%20My%20Radar&foaling_year=2011&nicking_stats_indicator=Y

No comments:

Post a Comment